FanPost

Toronto Whipping Boys!

I was listening to The Fan the other day and as they were beating up on James Reimer and Jonas Gustafsson, I began to think of this past season for the Blue Jays and how it always seems that Toronto fans always need a player to beat up on and point fingers at as the reason for a select team's failings - usually it is contract based, but I just don't understand the need for this.  Not a season goes by that our media doesn't pick up on a player and basically chase him out of town by getting fans to rally behind how a player is underachieving.

This past season it started with the likes of our closers, then moved towards Aaron Hill until the day he was traded then the rest of the year was spent beating up on Brendan Morrow.  Maybe someone can explain this to me, but I am sure it is not a way to attract good athletes into coming here to play.