Canada Wins Gold in Baseball at Pan-Am Games

Team Canada best the US 2-1 to win Gold at the Pan-Am games.

Twin farmhand Andrew Albers started and got the win, going 6.2, allowing 6 hits, 1 earned run with 8 strikeouts. Our own Scott Richmond pitched the last 2.1 innings without giving up a baserunner and striking out 3, getting the save.

James Van Ostrand, who played Double-A for the Astros last year,  hit a 2 run double in the 6th to score our runs.

Congratulations Ernie Whitt and the rest of the Canadian team.