Congratulations St. Louis Cardinals World Series Champs

ST LOUIS, MO - OCTOBER 28: The St. Louis Cardinals celebrate after defeating the Texas Rangers 6-2 to win the World Series in Game Seven of the MLB World Series at Busch Stadium on October 28, 2011 in St Louis, Missouri. (Photo by Doug Pensinger/Getty Images)

I'm very happy for Marc Rzepczynski. He's been a favorite of mine for a while now, I am glad he gets a ring. He pitched in 12 playoff games. In 4 World Series game, he pitched 2.2 inning allowed 2 hits, no runs and 4 strikeouts. Octavio Dotel also pitched in 12 playoff games, finishing with a 2.61 ERA over 10.1 innings. Edwin Jacksonwas 1-1 in 4 postseason starts, with a 5.60 ERA.

The other former Jay pitcher, Chris Carpenter went 4-0 in the playoffs with a 3.25 ERA. He also went 2-0 in the World Series and, course, won game 7.

David Freese was voted the World Series MVP. He also won the NLCS MVP and set a post season record with 21 RBI.

In our World Series contest, the only ones to guess that the Cards would win in 7 were yellowalman, blueandwhite and Carm. 68 runs were scored in the series, yellowman guessed 67 runs so he wins the DVD. Congratulations yellowman, you have 3 business days to send me an email so we can get you your DVD. Carm was close too, guessing 71 runs, just missing by 3 runs.