SB Nation AL MVP

I don't want to give away the surprise, so I've put the table after the jump, but the AL MVP vote was a close one.

My ballot went Bautista, Ellsbury, Cabrera, Granderson, Verlander, Pedroia, Sabathia, Kinsler, Adrian Gonzalez and Gordon.

Num Name 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th Total
1 Jose Bautista 10 9 2 2 211
2 Jacoby Ellsbury 7 9 3 3 196
3 Miguel Cabrera 2 1 6 5 4 4 2 164
4 Curtis Granderson 1 2 5 5 2 5 1 1 143
5 Justin Verlander 3 3 4 2 3 1 1 1 130
6 Dustin Pedroia 1 3 4 2 4 1 2 86
7 Ian Kinsler 1 2 2 4 2 3 1 1 74
8 Adrian Gonzalez 2 2 5 1 5 2 57
9 Evan Longoria 2 2 2 3 3 51
10 Alex Gordon 2 2 1 1 1 2 33
11 Robinson Cano 1 1 1 2 2 2 32
12 Alex Avila 2 1 1 3 2 25
13 CC Sabathia 3 3 1 1 24
14 Ben Zobrist 2 3 1 4 23
15 Adrian Beltre 1 1 1 2 2 23
16 Michael Young 1 1 1 14
17 Mike Napoli 1 1 12
18 Paul Konerko 2 6
19 Jered Weaver 1 1 4
20 Elvis Andrus 1 3
21 James Shields 2 2
22 David Ortiz 1 2
23 Victor Martinez 1 2
24 Brett Gardner 1 1
25 Dan Haren 1 1
26 Mark Teixeira 1 1

Yay, we got it right. It gives me a little bit of hope that the BBWAA will get it right too. Congratulations to my SB Nation colleagues for making the right choice.

That one first place vote for Cano interests me, but I'll forgive it, since Bautista won. The guy gave Cano the first place vote was likely the same one that gave Texeira the 10th place vote.

Other votes that I'd love to hear the rationalization for are Brett Gardner and two 8th place votes for Paul Konerko?? What are the odds? You'd have to figure that those two voters talked it over.

Anyway, the right guy  won and that's all that really matters.