FanPost

Armchair GM says

Will AA live by the mantra, "Don't  be Afraid to Fail"?   AA and Rogers need to act boldly to feed into a Jays fanbase momentum not seen in nearly 20 years.

The window is now for fans, the next year or two for the team, so take the plunge.

I suggest.

Sign Cespedes for centre. If he can he had for 5yrs/35m in his prime, get him. He fits AA's 5-tool philosophy to a T.

Shift Rasmus to right.

Trade a combination of Snider/Thames/Davis and a prospect for Prado, an offense-first second-base/utility placeholder for Escobar who will be shifted to 2nd when Hech makes the jump in 2013 or earlier.

Trade whatever it takes for Shields. One, two, even three high prospect arms for a proven AL East monster.

Move Lind plus prospects for a big-hitting first baseman with two years or so on his contract. The main incentive for the other team being AA's willingness to swallow a big contract.

Stuff the bullpen with McGowan, Drabek, Farquhar, Janssen, Careno, Villanueva, Litsch, Cecil.

Resign Francisco just in case.

Trade for a name closer mid-season if they contend.

Play to win by 2013.

If not, tear it down and start again.