FanPost

Let's name players we hope AA will AVOID signing or trading for

The purpose for this post is simple -  Who do you really hope that AA stays away from this offseason?

Me personally, I shudder about the thought of AA dealing with the Astros for Wandy Rodriguez (http://twitter.com/#!/JimBowdenESPNxm/status/134749234451841024)

I also happen to fear the possible return of Aaron Hill, should Kelly Johnson rebuff any offer he may receive from AA . Don't cry for Aaron Hill, however, as it appears the Dodgers are looking to add him to a multiple year contract.   I also hope AA stays away from sub-par Second Basemen like Clint Barnes or (insert name here).  I get concerned when my mind drifts to the possibility of KJ going elsewhere, to be honest... there aren't a lot of other quality options.

As speculation builds that Toronto is a preferred destination, some fans think David Ortiz would help create a good veteran  atmosphere with his All-Star buddy Jose Bautista, and a pre-existing relationship with John Farrell bolsters those rumors.  Despite these positives, those who want AA to avoid signing Ortiz also have a good point - signing Ortiz would cost the Jays a coveted draft pick.  This is a tough call and I would like to hear from you if Ortiz is someone that AA should avoid.

I also hope that the Jays stay away from making any roster moves with teams in their division.  I would hate to trade a guy like Thames, Snider, or one of our young pitching prospects to the Rays, for example, only to have them be a thorn in our side down the road - and I can see a guy like Snider being a serious thorn in our side if we trade him to any team in the AL, to be honest with you...

What about  those who DON'T think we should sign Yu Darvish?  I have great expectations for the Blue Jays if the Nippon Ham Fighters (why do I love saying that?) actually decide to post Mr. Darvish, but I also realize there are strong feelings that cut the other way... let's hear about it!

There are many other names out there.  Feel free to throw out the name or two that you absolutely DO NOT want to see involved in a transaction with the Jays this offseason.