FanShot

New CBA deal close?

8

"There will not be hard-slotting, but the new deal is expected to carry restraints on the amount of total money a team can spend on draft picks from year to year. There will also be "significant changes" in draft-pick compensation for free agents, according to Rosenthal, meaning the Type A and Type B classifications might be restructured or completely dismissed"