FanPost

New Blue Jays Uniforms [apparently] look great - released Friday, November 18th, at 5pm

http://blogs.thescore.com/mlb/2011/11/02/jays-tap-into-passion-of-their-fans-for-new-identity/

Our friends at the scorehave helped in leaking this logo as part of the general strategy, and from what we're reading are very satisfied when they got their first peak at the uniforms. Strange since you'd expect a Rogers team to break this instead of the Score which is not a Rogers property.

Anyways, what I think we all really want to see is how this logo and colour scheme translates into uniforms. I think most of us, regardless of what camp we were in for the current black/blue and graphite blue jay logo (I loved it), expect this new-old reincarnation to be reminiscent of the 1992-1993 world series colour scheme vs. the 1997-2003 HORRIBLE combination of blue and red.

I understand the Jays are Canada's team and both president and GM have acknowledged that playing and marketing to Canada is the best angle to go, I realy don't want to look as mish-mashy as we did during the turn of the millennium, nor do I  hope that they come out as patched together as the Texas Rangers suddenly mixing in red with their Blue uniforms (very tacky, doesn't work). If they're going to do it, do it like the Phillies possibly do when they go Red White and Blue.

Anyone going to be lining up for the new merchandise? I know I'll leave the office early to check out the Jays shop. I'd love to run into some BBB members there.