FanPost

We need to sign Dan Wheeler immediately

He is 34 years old and thus leaving his prime years, but he consistently has a low WHIP, which hasn’t exceeded 1.11 since 2008. He is also on a slight downward trend ERA-wise, as it has climbed from 3.12 to 4.38 over the last 4 years, but he did play his last season in the pressure-cooker that was Boston and his experience in the AL East over the last 5 years would be a major plus for the young guys who will be filling out the Jays bullpen.

At worst he would be a great ROOGY – right handers batted .227, .222 and .156 the last 3 years respectively off him – and at best he could be a dependable setup guy that fills in to close a few games.

I think we could get him for between 2.5 to 4 million per year at a 1 year deal with options.
Your thoughts?