FanPost

OT: Movember

I have decided to do Movember this year.  For those unfamiliar with Movember (as I was until it was a little too late to start doing anything about it last year), here is an excerpt from the Movember FAQ:

Movember is the month formerly known as November, where men and women across the globe join together raise awareness and funds for men’s health issues. Men grow a Mo (moustache) for 30 days to become walking, talking billboards, for our men’s health causes - specifically prostate cancer.

 Men who support Movember, called Mo Bros, start by registering at Movember.com Mo Bros start Movember 1st clean shaven, then grow and groom their Mo, for the rest of the month, raising money along the way. Women who support Movember, called Mo Sistas, also start by registering at Movember.com. Mo Sistas champion the Mo by supporting their Mo Bros, organizing events, leading a team and spreading the important message of men’s health.

I initially decided to do it as a bit of a lark, since I routinely shave off my facial hair for a Halloween costume (e.g. last year I was The Man in the Yellow Hat, and this year I was The Joker), causing me to spend most of November growing it back anyway; I figured Movember would allow me to have some fun growing it back (well, the moustache portion of it, anyway - I normally have a full goatee).  However, my mother pointed out to me the fact that there have been cases of prostate cancer in our family, so I've decided to take it a little more seriously.  This is where I am calling on the Bluebird Banter community for some help.

First of all, please visit my Mo Space page.  There's not much there right now, other than a goofy looking picture of my freshly shaven face from yesterday morning.  I'm planning to update the picture at least every time I shave throughout the month.  You don't have to make a donation in my name, although you would have my eternal thanks if you did.

Secondly, I am actually interested in knowing if anyone else from BBB is already taking part in Movember - if there are enough of us, perhaps we can start a network or team (I'm still not entirely certain how those work - does anyone here have a clearer idea?), or do something fun like see who can grow the best Cito Gaston-style moustache (or are there any other Blue Jays, past or present, whose moustaches we could emulate?).

If anyone has any other ideas for what BBB can do for Movember, please discuss them in the comments.  This is one of the coolest Internet communities I've ever been a part of, so I'm sure we could come up with something great here.  Thanks for reading, and let's see what you've got!