FanPost

José Bautista: HOF bound?

Even though I am too young to remember Roberto Alomar as a Blue Jay, I attended his celebration at the Rogers Centre this past summer. It was incredible to see so many fans so passionate about a single player. This lead me to think about who could possibly be the next Blue Jay in the Hall of Fame. Obviously the best player on the team these days is José Bautista. I got to wondering what it would take for him to get into the Hall and if you guys think he will ever be a hall of famer. Here is a look at his career stats:

HR: 156

RBI: 438

H: 721

BB: 452

BA: .254

OBP: .362

SLG: .481

OPS: .843

2 Silver Slugger Awards (2010, 2011), 2 Hank Aaron Awards (2010, 2011) 1(probably 2) AL-MVP nominations, 2 time all star

My opinion is that he probably won't make the HOF (despite my best hopes). I think he started tearing it up too late in his career (he'll be 32 at the start of the 2012 season) and will probably not continue his torrid pace for too much longer (again despite my best hopes). What kind of numbers/for how long would Bautista have to be produced to even get serious consideration for the HOF? Let me know what you think!