AL MVP Justin Verlander

Of course, I believe Jose Bautista was the AL MVP and SB Nation bloggers voted Jose the MVP, but I figured the BBWAA wouldn't give it to him. I had Jacoby Ellsbury second on my ballot and I'm not against the idea of him as MVP. Justin Verlander was 5th on my list, I'm not against pitchers getting the MVP but I don't think Verlander deserves it this year.  I think this was a dumb choice by the Writers.

Bautista comes in 3rd....oh well.

The results after the jump:

Player, Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th Points
Justin Verlander, Detroit Tigers 13 3 3 4 1 2 1 280
Jacoby Ellsbury, Boston Red Sox 4 13 4 1 4 1 1 242
Jose Bautista, Toronto Blue Jays 5 7 4 4 4 1 1 1 1 231
Curtis Granderson, New York Yankees 3 4 4 8 6 1 2 215
Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers 2 9 5 5 2 4 1 193
Robinson Cano, New York Yankees 2 2 3 6 4 5 1 1 112
Adrian Gonzalez, Boston Red Sox 1 1 2 6 8 3 3 1 105
Michael Young, Texas Rangers 1 1 1 1 1 1 4 7 4 2 96
Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox 4 1 4 6 48
Evan Longoria, Tampa Bay Rays 2 1 2 3 27
Ian Kinsler, Texas Rangers 1 2 1 1 1 25
Alex Avila, Detroit Tigers 1 1 2 2 13
Paul Konerko, Chicago White Sox 5 1 11
CC Sabathia, New York Yankees 2 10
Adrian Beltre, Texas Rangers 2 1 1 9
Ben Zobrist, Tampa Bay Rays 1 1 7
Victor Martinez, Detroit Tigers 1 1 2 7
James Shields, Tampa Bay Rays 1 5 7
Mark Teixeira, New York Yankees 1 1 5
Asdrubal Cabrera, Cleveland Indians 1 2 4
Alex Gordon, Kansas City Royals 3 3
Josh Hamilton, Texas Rangers 1 1
David Robertson, New York Yankees 1 1