FanPost

BBB Community AL MVP Results

Well, the BBWAA results are in, and they were absurd.  So let's all congratulate ourselves on our community vote, in which the worthy won, and the unworthy drank the bitter dregs of 4th place.

Rank Name 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th6th7th8th9th10th Total
1 Jose Bautista
11 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 190
2 Jacoby Ellsbury
3 7 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 145
3 Dustin Pedroia
0 0 6 2 3 3 0 0 1 0 97
4 Justin Verlander
1 3 2 3 2 1 0 0 0 1 95
5 Miguel Cabrera
0 1 1 5 4 3 1 0 0 0 95
6 Curtis Granderson
0 0 0 0 6 5 2 2 0 0 75
7 Ian Kinsler
0 0 1 4 0 0 4 2 1 1 61
8 CC Sabathia
0 0 0 1 0 0 3 3 1 2 32
9 Alex Gordon
0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 6 0 26
10 Adrian Gonzalez
0 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 2 4 21
11 Evan Longoria
0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 3 3 21
12 Ben Zobrist
0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 0 2 16
13 Michael Young
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3
14 Alex Anthopoulos
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3
15 James Shields
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2
16 Dan Haren
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
17 Alex Avila
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

Actually, there are some criticisms one can make of our little exercise. Verlander missed third place because 2 of the 15 ballots didn't list any pitchers.  And let's name and shame darthaustinius, who had the audacity or vindictiveness to name gritty leader & soul of the pennant-winning Texas Rangers Michael Young 8th on his ballot.  For shame, darthaustinius!  There were a fair number of voters who arguably used fWAR a little too zealously - witness the 6 votes for Dustin Pedroia as 3rd in the AL.