FanPost

Question about Cole Kimball

I just dont understand the 3 days we had Cole Kimball?? Maybe someone can explain it to me. When we claimed Kimball i was very excited because we claimed a guy whos the #9 prospect for the Nationals, has great pitches and been dubbed the Nationals 'closer of the future'. I thought this was another great move by AA because we obviously need a closer and this guy like i said was dubbed the closer of the future. Then 3 days later we do exactly what the Nationals did, try to send him down to AAA expose him on waivers and they claim him right back. We currently have 38 players on our 40 man roster so why didn't we just add him to the roster then place him on the 60-day DL. It just doesn't make sense to me that we would claim a guy trying to be sent down to AAA, who fills a glaring need for this team, then do the exact same thing 3 days later and loose him???