SB Nation's Rookies of the Year

Us bloggers of SB Nation had our own votes for the major baseball awards. We'll be announcing the winners this week. The AL bloggers voted only on for the AL awards and vise versa. First up is the Rookie of the Year.

The AL vote went like this:

Num Name 1st 2nd 3rd Total
1 Michael Pineda 9 4 3 60
2 Eric Hosmer 5 4 3 40
3 Jeremy Hellickson 4 5 4 39
4 Dustin Ackley 1 5 3 23
5 Ivan Nova 5 5 20
6 Alexi Ogando 2 1 13
7 Mark Trumbo 1 3 8
8 Desmond Jennings 1 2 7
9 Brett Lawrie 1 1 6

No, I wasn't one that voted for Brett Lawrie. As much as he was great, I think you need more than 150 at bats to deserve the award, but I'll gladly vote for him as MVP next year. My vote was Pineda, Nova and Trumbo. It was a really tough vote. I really can't argue too hard against any of the that received votes, other than Alexi Ogando, who really wasn't a rookie, as he spent most of 2010 with the Rangers, far more than the 45 days of service time that is the cutoff.

Num Name 1st 2nd 3rd Total
1 Craig Kimbrel 22 4 2 124
2 Danny Espinosa 4 6 8 46
3 Freddie Freeman 8 3 27
4 Vance Worley 1 5 3 23
5 Wilson Ramos 1 2 5 16
6 Brandon Beachy 1 4 7
7 Corey Luebke 1 3
8 Lucas Duda 1 3
9 Mark Melancon 1 1
10 Allen Craig 1 1
11 Kenley Jansen 1 1

The NL Rookie of the Year had a much clearer winner. It looks like they picked the right guy to me.