FanPost

SP Trade Candidate: Gio Gonzalez?

reading MLB Trade Rumors I've noticed that Oakland may shop Gio Gonzalez in an effort to get younger and add some position players for when they may move to San Jose (?)

Being that Ricky Romero is our only regular LH starter Gio could be a good fit.  Maybe as a fall back plan if Yu Darvish doesn't come to TO (or maybe as a complement to adding Darvish)?

Gio is young and under control for a few more years and some think he'll fetch the A's a similar return to what TB got for Matt Garza last off season (3 decent prospects) so who would you think the Jays would want to give up in a deal for Gio?

I'd be more then willing to include Thames or Snider as a start to a deal and a hitting and pitching prospect.  thoughts?