SB Nation AL Cy Young Award

This is the week we announce the winners of who the SB Nation bloggers would vote to win the major awards. Yesterday we did announced our picks for Rookie of the Year. Today it is the AL Cy Young:

Num Name 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Total
1 Justin Verlander 22 2 162
2 CC Sabathia 2 17 4 1 96
3 Jered Weaver 5 10 4 58
4 James Shields 3 8 6 31
5 C.J. Wilson 4 4 5 25
6 Dan Haren 3 5 4 23
7 Josh Beckett 3 3
8 David Price 1 2
9 Jon Lester 1 2
10 Brandon McCarthy 2 2
11 Mariano Rivera 1 1
12 Doug Fister 1 1
13 Felix Hernandez 1 1
14 Gio Gonzalez 1 1

If you can't figure out how the numbers add up, the count goes 7-4-3-2-1. 7 points for a first place vote, 4 for second....

Surprise, we picked Justin Verlander. I know  that shocks everyone. My vote went Verlander, Sabathia, Haren, Weaver and Wilson. At least, this time, all the votes went to pitchers, unlike the Rookie of the Year vote where some folks voted for guys that weren't rookies.

The Rivera vote interests me. He did have a heck of a year but then he only pitched 61 innings. I don't see the Beckett votes either, but I'll blame the 'Over the Monster' guys (without knowing if they were the ones that voted for him). I'll admit I considered giving Romero a vote. Sometimes you gotta be a homer.