FanPost

Why did Socrates ask questions ?

  • 1) What happened to the three prospects or cash that were to go to St Louis ? Is anyone worried that this could touch our top 30 / 50 prospects ?
  • 2) Why are some sports writers sure that the new CBA is so unfavourable to the Jays ? Haven't all successful strategies in pro sports soon been copied by other teams once evident ? Did anyone really expect Jays to keep getting tonnes more prospects than other teams with the same strategy ? Wasn't the strategy going to have to change for Jays anyways once they started competing in next year or two ? Why is there little faith that a clever GM will be the first to find new advantageous strategies? Doesn't the hoard of prospects and 2012 picks set the Jays into great position for the next decade ? Isn't that good enough for but one strategy ?
  • 3) Why are there predominantly polite, serious and well thought out comments on this forum whereas if you read, say comments on the Sun articles, there seems to be predominantly knuckleheadism (did this word exist in greek in Socrates time?)? Are the people on this forum sure they want to add many more casual fans ? Will the forum be as good if they do ?