FanPost

Jays Offseason, Post-Winter Meetings: What Now?

Well its been just over 24 hours since the winter meetings came to a close and the landscape of MLB has changed dramatically. Albert Pujols left the Cardinals for the Angels, with CJ Wilson soon to follow him. The Marlins have been attempting to sign just about every big name free agent for their new stadium... that they surprisingly couldn't afford themselves. As for Toronto, we traded beloved prospect Nestor Molina for our future closer Sergio Santos. Today Trevor Cahill was traded to the Dbacks (I was hoping we'd get him). Anyways I just wondering what you think we should do from here?

Here's a list of free agents I'd like to sign (note that some of these are very unlikely)

Prince Fielder- would be a huge upgrade over Adam Lind, give Bautista protection, and instantly make our lineup one of the best in the league. If we could get him for 25 million or under for 5 years with an option, I'd say go for it.

Yu Darvish- again, huge upgrade, this time to our rotation. Theres a big question mark over how his skills will translate to this league, but he'll still likely command over 100 million including the posting fee. I'd say a posting fee between 40 and 50 million and then a 5 or 6 year deal for 60-70 million.

Gio Gonzalez- been impressive the past few years, but he'll probably cost a lot in terms of prospects. This is the main reason I'd rather have gone for Cahill, but if we can get him without giving up too much I'd be on board.

Kendry Morales- he's young, but fragile. When hes healthy though, he is an impressive hitter. With LA acquiring Pujols, he may be easy to get in a trade. Not quite sure what the asking price will be, but I dont believe they are looking for a huge deal.

I probably missed a few, but right now these are the guys that I'd love for the Blue Jays to sign. Which do you think is most likely, and who else should we look at?