FanShot

Geoff Baker on the Jays "ongoing 10-year rebuilding plan"

9

Short version: He views the last 10 years as one rebuilding plan, motivated by Rogers desire to buy the stadium and make a ton of money. He sees it as cautionary tale for the Mariners. In his view, the Jays need to spend more to have a chance, but glosses over the higher payrolls in the later Riccardi years, saying they weren't "thought out all that well, but no matter". I don't agree with most of what he writes, but it's a interesting read, and a few decent points.