FanPost

AA's Christmas/Ḥănukkāh Gift to Fans - Yu Darvish?!?

As a Blue Jays fan it has been a lot of fun to watch the rumors fly in relation to the Darvish bid. AA's initial comment on the matter shortly after bidding closed was to the effect of "We will know when they (the Hokkaido Fighters) announce their decision on December 20 at 5 p.m. " and thus began a hurricane of possible Jays-Darvish links, rumors and "Executive-sourced" commentary across the Internet/Blogosphere, Twitter, and Radio....

Such a precise statement from Mr. Antholopolous after bidding closed, yet so mysterious! It had me thinking about something, and then this morning I read this article over at Roger's Sportsnet, who I believe most logically will be the media outlet that breaks the official news: http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2011/12/16/darvish_roundup/

AA has a tendency to give Blue Jay fans Christmas presents, considering last year immediately before the Holiday Season he miraculously un-loaded Vernon Well's massive albatross of a contract, a move still considered the Holy Grail of all time Salary-Dumps. http://www.570news.com/sports/article/174193--when-angels-came-calling-jays-and-wells-agreed-it-was-time-to-part-ways

Could AA have possibly lined up Yu Darvish already, and could there possibly be a deal in the works and we are going to see an immediate signing of Darvish? I don't even know if that is legally possible but you never know with AA what to expect. Things are definitely looking positive if you are a Blue Jays fan... Winning the bid for the chance to negotiate with Darvish alone would certainly be enough of a Gift for the Blue Jay Nation.

AA has been especially quiet on the Darvish front in recent days and you really wonder what he's cooking up in his Ninja-Lair. With the apparent blessing he received from Rogers on the financials, are we witnessing AA conduct his first "All-In" type of move to push this team towards contention? http://twitter.com/#!/JeffPassan/status/147888153397690369

Regardless of what will end up happening, most Jays fans now expect Darvish to be signed, sealed and delivered as the massive hype surrounding this Asian Pitching Sensation has surmounted all previous Jays stories that I can remember...

I can't help but share some very wise baseball commentary from Pat Gillick (PTS segment) - this guy is amazing. I really think AA is following in Gillick's footsteps and I think we might have a very nice Gift from our friendly GM this coming Tuesday...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2011/12/16/gillick_pts/

I might not be posting for the next couple weeks with holiday travel so Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a safe and Happy New Years to all!