FanPost

Mat Latos in a Blue Jay uniform?

I've heard from a few sources that Toronto finished second in the Mat Latos sweepstakes. Which I guess makes us the 'first loser'. I know AA is a silent assassin but I was still wondering if anyone had heard anything regarding any players that were involved or how much truth there is to that rumour. I suppose it could just be another 'Alex is in on everything' media note.

It's always interesting to hear after the fact, trades that were close to being consummated. One of my favourites - or least favourite depending how you look at it - was Alex Rios to the Giants for Tim Lincecum but San Fran wanted to send Matt Cain instead. Either way, that would've been a steal for TO. Rios' BBR WAR avg since 2009 has been -0.6 while Lincecum and Cain have been at 14.3 and 13.1 respectively.

In the end, I know that Cincinnati gave up a great deal for Latos - and some people wouldn't want to give up that much - but that's not the point of this Post. Just a forum to discuss anything you've heard about a potential Latos deal or any other old deals you've heard about that never came to fruition.

Your thoughts?