Hall of Fame Poll: Don Mattingly

Donny Baseball is an interesting case, his career only lasted 14 seasons. At his peak he was great, maybe the best player in baseball for a few seasons, but back problems brought his stats down, so he doesn't have the counting starts that get you into the Hall.

He had 222 home runs, 1099 RBI and had a career slash line of .307/.358/.471. He was AL MVP in 1985, was named to 6 All-Star teams, had 9 Gold Glove and 3 Silver Slugger awards. Baseball Reference has him at a 39.8 career WAR. His career numbers are here.