FanPost

The Jays Need To Spend To Win NOW!

The Jays time to spend and compete is now. We have the best player in the game in his prime in Jose Bautista and we have developed an ace in Ricky Romero. AA needs to go out and do whatever he needs to do to sign Prince Fielder. He will protect Jose and Jose will see much better pitches which will make him even more dangerous. That will make the most lethal and feared 1-2 punch in the league, throw in Lawrie, Rasmus, Escobar, and Arencibia we will have the best offence in the MLB. Lind will then be traded for some quality bullpen arms or mid level prospects. This would make our lineup look like this: 1. Escobar (SS) 2. Rasmus (CF) 3. Bautista (RF) 4. Fielder (1B) 5. Lawrie (3B) 6. Arencibia (C) 7. Johnson (2B) 8. Thames/Snider (LF) 9. Encarnacion (DH) Now with the pitching. I think we need no turn some of our good prospects into a stud picture. Right now it looks like Garza is the best available but San Francisco intrigues me because the have Lincecum and Cain who are both nearing the end of their current deals. Can the Giants afford both? AA usually pulls a trade out of no where so who knows what he has up his sleeve. If Garza is the only one available its very important we get him and not the Yankees or Red Sox as one more good pitcher will put us over the top. Here is the starting rotation for 2012: 1. Romero 2. Garza 3. Morrow 4. Cecil 5. Alvarez With that starting rotation and lineup we would be competing for the World Series this coming season. We cannot wait much longer as our time to win is now while we still have Bautista in his prime. Thanks for reading and let me know your opinions.