FanShot

heres the latest on Hiroyuki...

4

heres the latest on Hiroyuki Nakajima http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/sb20111207j1.html Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2011 Lions plan to accept Nakajima bid Kyodo The Seibu Lions will officially accept the posting bid for shortstop Hiroyuki Nakajima on Wednesday morning, the Pacific League team announced Tuesday. The Lions have not divulged the posting fee, but had indicated that they were prepared to accept. Major League Baseball said at least one club bid for the sweet-hitting Seibu captain. The San Francisco Giants reportedly made a bid, and the New York Mets, who will have a vacancy at shortstop after Jose Reyes agreed to a deal with the Florida Marlins, have also been mentioned as a possible destination for the 29-year-old Nakajima. The bid winner has 30 days to work out a deal with Nakajima, who batted .297 with 16 homers and 100 RBIs this season.