Happy Birthday to Us: Bluebird Banter Turns 6 Today

Time for cake and ice cream. What kind of party do 6 year olds like? We should all meet at Chuck E Cheese.

The first post was put up on the same day as the Lyle Overbay trade. Lots of water under bridge since then. Back then J.P.Ricciardi was GM and John Gibbons was manager. The Jays had just come off an 80-82 season. Josh Towers and Gustavo Chacin tied for the team lead in victories with 13 (Doc had 12). Vernon Wells led the team with 28 home runs and 97 RBI. He was a year away from signing the biggest contract in team history.

It turned out to be a busy off-season. A couple of days after the Site started, we signed A.J. Burnett and B.J. Ryan. Around Christmas we traded for Troy Glaus. In February Bengie Molina signed with the team. A bit later Halladay signed a 3 year, $40 million contract extension. All the moves got us a 87-75 record, finishing 2nd in the AL East. We haven't won 87 in a season since.

I'm sure Alex, would like to buy us a present. We take an extra large Fielder. No? Ok, well just use your best judgement then, Alex.

It has been a great year for the site, we've seen a lot of growth. Thanks for coming around and visiting, commenting, putting up fanposts and fanshots. The fun of this place is the community we've built up.

And, when we are finished singing 'Happy Birthday', lets have a round of applause for all the folks writing and moderating on the site. Johnny, Jessef, masterkimbo, Woodman663 and Minor Leaguer have all put up great posts in the last year. And if you haven't been checking out the great job TonyFernandezSavedMyLife has been doing on the Facebook page, you really are missing out. Go look. He, Bowling_Guy, JohnnyG and MinorLeaguer have wielding the banhammer with great skill. Johnny's runs our podcasts (it's about time for another), doing all the work, letting the rest of us just have fun on them. And Hugo, course, though MIA at themoment, sets the tone for the site, we wouldn't be here without him.

So line up for a piece of cake.