FanShot

Kelly Johnson Accepts The Blue Jays' Arbitration Offer

According to John Heyman, 2B Kelly Johnson has accepted the Toronto Blue Jays' offer to go through the arbitration process to decide on a salary figure for a one-year non-guaranteed contract. Johnson and the Blue Jays can freely negotiate any type of contract between now and January 18, 2012. On that day, the player and the team exchanges salary figures for a one-year contract. It is the Blue Jays' policy to not neogiate with the player any further between the salary exchange and the arbitration hearings in February. During the hearing, a panel of 3 arbitors decide to award either the players' asking salary or the club's offer--it's either/or, no middle figure can be chosen. What are your thoughts of seeing Johnson in a new Jays' uniform in 2012?