FanPost

Silent Assassin: Making Unexpected Trades For Unexpected Players

With this weeks acquisition of Sergio Santos, Alex Anthopoulos has once again come out of no where to snag a player no one even thought was available. Looking at the general manager's track record, there are quite a few instances in which AA has acquired these under the radar players without or involving very little media attention prior to the trades. These players fit certain criteria specifically appealing to a GM looking to build a sustainable core of players that will grow together into a potential championship team. They are as followed: young, controllable, and of course talented. Brandon Morrow, Colby Rasmus Yunel Escobar and Santos all fit the bill and have become integral parts of the clubs future. With a non existent success rate in terms of signing or acquiring players the Jays are linked too, its near impossible to forecast who will be he next core piece AA will make a move for. But what we do know two things: 1) He will fit the previously mentioned criteria and 2) We wont see it coming. Its been noted that AA has examined every major league teams 40 man roster and farm systems so it appears as if no one is off the table. My task for you is try to get in the mindset of the Silent Assassin and target players you feel could be next in Alex's line of fire. Only rule is they must fit the criteria of what AA is constantly looking for.

Who do you got?

My picks: Ervin Santana, Jaime Garcia