FanPost

NY Mets as a trading partner?

a) Alex say he wanted a middle of order bat, front-middle rotation starter and middle relief

b) NY Mets are rebuilding and broke and need to shred salary

c) the expensive contracts are only for 2 years (Santana due 49 mil over next 2 yrs, Jason Bay due 32 mil over next 2 yrs) + club option

Trade Scenario 1) Drabek + Perez + Cecil for Santana + Niese + Parnell

NY saves tons of money and get decent prospects in Drabek and Perez out of this. Drabek and Perez are expendable, they are blocked ahead and we have plenty of high upside players behind them as well. Cecil for Niese and Parnell to balance the trade for us

Starting 5 : Romero, Santana, Morrow, Niese, Alvarez/ST competition

Trade Scenario 2) Thames + Cecil for Bay + Niese + Parnell

Could Jason Bay rebound if he leavest he hitter's hellhole known as citi field? I think its a worthwhile gamble, but open to debate. This trade is done under the premise we get Darvish though.

Starting 5: Romero, Darvish, Morrow, Niese, Alvarez/ST Competition