FanPost

FAN VOTE: What should be the jays 2012 starting lineup? Thames or Snider

After making a FanPost viewing what looks to be the 2012 starting lineup & guessing what Farrell WOULD do on opening day, there were tons of debate on what we as jays fans should do for their 2012 lineup. So I say, why don't we get alittle excitement going here & get a vote going on the lineup 1 through 9 here.

Before we can determine who should bat #1 for the Blue Jays, we need to determine our starting lineup. I'd say 8 positions are solidified, the only real battle going into the start of the season (barring injuries/trades) is in LF between Travis Snider & Eric Thames. So lets do a vote here to determine who you think should be the opening day Left Fielder for the Blue Jays.

I think theres no debating that Snider has shown more promise in the field thus far, especially with big improvements in 2011, and also showing a very strong/accurate throwing arm. But his struggles & inconsistency at the plate continued in 2011, and it was/is one of the most frustrating things for Jays fans to see, everytime he is tearing it up in the minors & you get glimpses of it in the majors, then it fades away to nothing.

Meanwhile Thames was a pleasant surprise in 2012. His fielding is ughhhh, well, its a left fielders fielding for sure. But he did show some consistency at the plate, and some very good power, but has lacked ability to take a walk (and strikes out more then you'd like).

Keep in mind also, Thames is 1 year older then Snider, it may not seem like that as we've seen so much of Snider, but he is still a very young player.

Its most likely the loser of this preseason battle will be sent to the minors to maxamise their plate appearances before getting called up due to injury or possible contention.