FanPost

How will this Bell/Rogers partnership on MLSE affect our Toronto Blue Jays? i.e. less funds for Prince Fielder?

For those of you who haven't heard, please view it on your respective network (TSN, Sportsnet, etc.), but Rogers and Bell are paying a combined 1.3 billion 50/50 each. What I'm getting at is that, how does this affect the Toronto Blue Jays? What the heck. The leafs and raptors operate in salary cap leagues. Unless the MLS cup is worth more than the UEFA championship is this killing the Jays? Maybe this is why AA said he has parameters?

Will we still be able to "approach ownership" to loosen the purse strings? I have to imagine in the short term, which is probably a few years, we will have tighter restrictions when it comes to bringing a big name to this team. Alex Anthopolus probably knew about this idea during the meetings and it may have hampered his ability to make a major move. Not that Alex needs any more incentive to be a bargain hunter, but I can only imagine this will negatively affect the Blue Jays in the short term.

Ticket prices for the fan may have to rise as an increase at the Rogers Centre? Your thoughts folks.