FanShot

Dwarfing Jon Rauch?

I'm already pulling for this guy. An intelectual ball player... now, that's a novelty... we should have tried and get him from the Angels in the Vernon trade. Just imagine him and Rauch on the same team... refreshing quote: Money is something else most people consider essential but Van Mil doesn’t. When he breaks into the majors – Angels coaches say a midseason call-up is a realistic goal – he’ll be paid the major league minimum of $410,000. "It’s a Dutch way of thinking," he said. "I don’t need $400,000 a year; $200,000 would be good. And I don’t mind paying more in taxes. I can still live a very good life."