FanPost

Lefties in the Pen

I think one of the most interesting battles this spring is the last few spots in the pen.  More specifially who is going to be the lefty...or lefties out of the pen.  It seems all but a given that Francisco, Rauch, Dotel, Frasor, and Camp are all but givens to make the team barring any trades.  That leaves 2...maybe 3 spots left and no lefties in the pen as of yet as well as no true long man.

I think it comes down to Purcey and Carlson coming down to being the situational lefty and down to Mills and Scrabble as the long man and 2nd lefty out of the pen.

My preffered choices would be to have Purcey as the situational lefty and Mills as the long man and 2nd lefty.  I think Scrabble has a bigger upside as a starter and if he doesn't make the rotaion coming out of spring training, I would like to see him keep starting with Las Vegas.

Speaking of Las Vegas, they could have one of the best Pens in the minors this season with the likes of Jessie Carlson, Casey Janson, Jo Jo Reyes, Josh Roenicke, and Carlos Villanueva.