Happy Birthday Josh Towers and Kelly Gruber

Two Blue Jay birthdays today: Josh Towers turns 34 today and Kelly Gruber 49.

Towers pitched for us for 5 seasons, winning 37 and losing 42 from 2003 to 2007. His best season was 2005 when he went 13-12 with a 3.71 ERA in 33 starts. Unfortunately the next year wasn't quite as good, 2-10 with a 8.42 ERA. Towers, even at the best of times, gave up a lot of hits and a good number of home runs as well but he kept the walks down. In 2009 he had a couple of appearances for the Yankees

Kelly Gruber played for us for 9 years, hit 114 home runs, with 443 RBI and a .259/.307/.431 batting line. He had his best season in 1990, hitting 30 home runs, driving in 118 while batting .274/.330/.512. He had good speed and played great defense at third. He was a fan favorite, especially of the female fans. Unfortunately injuries derailed his career right in his prime. There is more about Kelly in the profile we did for him as one of our Top 50 Jays

Happy birthday to both of them, hope life is good.