FanPost

BBB Superbowl Picks

Happy Super Sunday Bluebird Banterers!

Today is the culmination of 2 weeks of football prognostication, over a billion dollars of football bets, shared hot wing recipes and in by the end of the day we will know who will hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

 Super-bowl-2011-official-logo_medium

On to the the matchups:

The Greenbay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers are two of the most storied franchises in the NFL and two of the most rabid fanbases so this has the possibilities of being the most viewed Superbowl ever, not to mention it is taking place in Jerry Jones' Billion dollar monstrosity. Both teams have the benefit of having Franchise Quarterbacks (although I don't like either of them. Ben is a little to rapey for my liking and Aaron Rodger is as exciting as a colonoscopy). Both teams have dominant defenses that run the 3-4 and both teams have the ability to stretch the field.

I personally think this game will be a bit of a shoot out which might be surprising as they feature the #1 and #2 scoring defenses in the NFL. It will be a fast track and the best way to attack each defense is to spread them out with 3 and 4 WR spreads so I see scoring early and often.

Also, and maybe most importantly, the game features Brett Keisel who features the best beard in sports.

So what say you BBB? Who will win the Superbowl?