Quick Recap: Spring Game 4, Jays lose to Tigers

Blue Jays 2 Tigers 6

We got 7 hits today, so the offense seems to be slowly coming along. Eric Thames got us our first home run and had 2 hits. Brett Lawrie had 2 hits as well, our other RBI and stole a base. Rajai Davis started the game with his first hit of the spring, a double. Moises Sierra and Jose Molina had our other hits.

Ricky Romero didn't have the best of starts, giving up 5 hits, 2 walks, 4 earned runs while striking out 2 in his 2.1 innings. 3 of the runs against him scored after he left the game. Zach Stewart came in with the bases loaded and gave up a double to clear them. Zach gave up 4 hits, 2 earned, and 2 walks in his 2.2 innings.

David Purcey, Wil Ledezma and Mike Hinckley each pitched a scoreless inning.

Defense? Well, no errors today, but beyond that I don't know much about how the defense did. It is good to see that they are giving Brett Lawrie a lot of time playing time at third. It sounds like things are going well at least at the start of his transition to third base.

Four games, four losses but it is spring, so who cares and we did have our first lead of the spring today, not that it lasted long.