Jay Claim Cesar Cabral Off Waivers

The Jays have picked up Cesar Cabral off waivers from the Rays. You can see his minor league stats here. He is a left hander who hasn't pitched above high A but has struck out 8.1 batters per 9 innings in the minors. The Rays took him in the rule 5 draft from the Red Sox this off-season, so he would have to stay on the Jays 25 man roster or be offered back to the Red Sox.

To make room for him, the Jays put Dustin McGowan on the 60-day DL.