Quick Recap: Spring Game 5, Jays Beat Rays

We are still a day behind on pictures, here is Eric Thames hitting his home run. (Photo by Leon Halip/Getty Images)

Rays 4 Blue Jays 5

A win!

Not that the games mean anything, but still is nice to win one.

We had a little more offense today, maybe the batters are catching up. We had 9 hits on the day and some extra base hits. Edwin Encarnacion hit a homer. Juan Rivera, Yunel Escobar and Eric Thames had doubles. Singles for Diaz, Cooper, EE, Mastroianni and McCoy.  Gose and Mastroianni each stole a base.

We went into the bottom of the 9th down by a run. Darin Mastroianni singled, Ryan Budde walked. Jake Marisnick sacrificed them to 2nd and 3rd. Then Jon Diaz won us the game with a walk-off two run single.

Most of our pitchers showed well. Brandon Morrow pitched the first 3 scoreless innings giving up 2 hits and striking out 4. Great way to start the spring for Brandon.  Brad Mills gave up a run off 2 hits and 2 k in his 2 innings. Jason Frasor, Shawn Camp and Casey Janssen each pitched a scoreless inning.

The one pitcher that didn't do well was Octavio Dotel who gave up 4 hits and 3 earned runs in his inning. If you are going to have a bad outing it might as well be your first time out of the spring.

Jose Bautista didn't play because of 'quad tightness', it doesn't sound serious. Aaron Hill played in the B game today and all sounds good with him. Travis Snider should be playing by the weekend. Jesse Carlson has no 'structural damage' in his shoulder, but will be shut down for a week. It will be a few more days before Jon Rauch or Frank Francisco get into a game.

Latest News

In This Article

Teams
Players