Quick Recap: Phillies Beat Blue Jays

Phillies 5 Blue Jays 4

A close one, the Jays had the tying run on second when Diaz hit into a game ending double play.

  • Ricky Romero: 4 innings, 6 hits, 4 k, 4 earned. 1 homer allowed. Got hit a bit, but only a couple of hard hit balls and the home run was helped out by the win. He says he felt good and that is what really matters.
  • Chad Cordero: 1.0, 2 hits, 1 earned. First appearance in an A game. Apparently wasn't throwing very hard.
  • Casey Janssen: 1.0, 1 hit, 1 k. I am hoping for him to make the team. 1.08 ERA this spring.
  • Marc Rzepczynski: 1.0, 1 hit, 2 k. The Phillie announcers said he has been told made the team, I can't find any confirmation of this.
  • Carlos Villanueva: 1.0, 1 k. Another reliever having a great spring. 0.84 ERA.
  • Sean Henn: 1.0. Scoreless.
  • Rajai Davis: 1 for 3, walk, triple to start the game, run. .333.
  • Corey Patterson: 1 for 1, RBI. .214. Any chance he doesn't make the team?
  • Yunel Escobar: 1 for 4, RBI. .386.
  • Jose Bautista: 1 for 3, double. .359.
  • Adam Lind: 0 for 3, k. .368.
  • Brett Lawrie: 0 for 1. .282.
  • Aaron Hill: 0 for 3. But he played.
  • David Cooper: 0 for 1. 353.
  • Edwin Encarnacion: 0 for 3, k. .222. Apparently made 2 nice plays at third. Made a throw from his knees getting the out.
  • Mike McCoy: 1 for 1, run. .297. I'm cheering for him to make the team.
  • Travis Snider: 0 for 3. .389. He also made an error.
  • Eric Thames:1 for 1, run. .255.
  • Juan Rivera: 1 for 2, HR, walk. .395.
  • Adam Loewen: 1 for 1, RBI. .400.
  • J.P. Arencibia: 1 for 2, walk, k. .156. He also caught two guys stealing. A pretty great day.

Tomorrow the Jays play the Yankees in a rare evening spring game. And it is on Sportsnet East, Ontario and Pacific. Course those of us in Alberta, out of luck.

John Lott Thwips that Octavio Dotel pitched a scoreless inning in a minor league game, 2 k.