Quick Recap: Blue Jays Lose to Yankees

Blue Jays 3 Yankees 5

I know I shouldn't over react to one game and all, but I really don't see that David Purcey should make the team. Purcey has pitched 8.2 innings this spring and has given up 8 (!!) walks. He came into a fairly tough spot tonight, but then, if he was the lefty in the pen, he'd get lots of these during the season, two on and no outs. But he just threw gas on the fire. Single, walk, error (terrible error by someone named Niuman Romero), a sac fly, then finally a strikeout and fly out to end the inning. 4 runs scored after Purcey entered the game, though the Romero error hurt. Wil Ledezma gave up 2 hits and a run in his inning, with a 9.53 ERA we won't be seeing him after the end of this month.

Jo-Jo Reyes looked great. 6 innings against what should be the Yankees regular lineup this season. He gave up just 3 hits, 2 walks and struck out 4, with 2 earned runs. If John Farrell hadn't sent him out to start the 7th, he'd have given up just 2 hits and 1 walk, with no runs. He was clearly tired in the 7th. I didn't expect much from him coming into camp but he has done a great job. I do have slight worries that he is this year's Dana Eveland. If you don't remember Eveland looked amazing in spring training and gave us a couple of good starts, then fell apart. But Jo-Jo is a better pitcher and since he is out of options, we should see what he can do.

Hitting: