Friday Bantering

Little bits of news today:

  • Scott Richmond has been optioned to Triple-A Vegas to work back towards stretching out to being a starter.
  • Via Mike Wilner:

 Carlson still not throwing; inflammation in left biceps tendon. Had Platelet Rich Plasma injection Tues., no surgery recommended.

I don't know what  a Platelet Rich Plasma injection is, but I'm glad there is no surgery in his immediate future.

  • It is looking like Octavio Dotel will start the season on the DL.
  • Tonight's Blue Jay lineup against the Red Sox: Corey Patterson LF, McCoy 2B, Eric Thames DH, EE 3B, Cooper 1B, Arencibia C, Loewen RF, Jon Diaz SS, Anthony Gose CF. Jesse Litsch starting and hoping to get in 6 innings.

Not many regulars in the lineup, it is a long bus ride to Fort Myers where the Red Sox play, so not many of the regulars want to make the trip. And yeah many of the players have already been sent down. They just get borrowed for the game.

  • Baseball Prospectus gives odds on who will be the top Jay prospect in a years time:

Brett Lawrie: 5-2
Travis d'Arnaud: 5-1
Deck McGwire: 6-1
Carlos Perez: 10-1
Anthony Gose: 16-1
Aaron Sanchez: 20-1

I'd tend to think that Zach Stewart has a good shot at being number one, if Lawrie gets called up at some point this year.

  • The Jays are baseball camps for children 8-14, across the country. The instructors will include Mark Eichorn, Rance Mulliniks, Lloyd Moesby, Duane Ward, Candy Maldonado, Alex Gonzalez (the orginal), Brian McRae and Tony Fernandez. Cost will be $150 a child. Dates, cities, locations and instructors are:

June 27-29 Vancouver Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium Sprague, Ward, Alomar, Moseby
July 4-6 Prince George Volunteer Park Ward, Eichhorn, Mulliniks, Moseby
July 11-13 London Centrefield Sports Ward, McRae, Quantrill
July 18-20 Halifax Beazley Field Ward, Mulliniks, Maldonado
July 25-27 Ottawa Ottawa Baseball Stadium Maldonado, Ward, Gonzalez, McRae
Aug. 8-10 Calgary Absolute Sports Ward, Eichhorn, Mulliniks
Aug. 15-17 Toronto Rogers Centre Henke, Gonzalez, Mulliniks, McRae, Fernandez

I have a boy that would love this.