Quick Recap: Blue Jays Beat Red Sox

Blue Jays 11 Red Sox 8

Even for a spring game, it is kind of cool that a bunch of our minor leaguers can out slug the Red Sox regulars. Corey Patterson left the game after being hit in the head with a pitch. He is in hospital. You can see video of it here. Very scary.  Also Jesse Litsch was treated for dehydration after the game. Us red heads don't do well in heat. Jesse has twittered that he is fine now.

  • Jesse Litsch didn't have a great start. He gave up 11 hits in 4.2 innings. It is surprising he only gave up 4 runs. He didn't walk anyone and got 3 strikeouts. His spring ERA is 4.09.
  • David Purcey came in with 2 outs in the fifth and pitched an inning. He gave up 2 hits and 2 walks, 1 earned, with 1 strikeout. He now has 10 walk in 9.2 innings. 4.66 ERA. I talked about him enough the other day, but I can't really think that John Farrell would feel confident enough to bring him into a regular season game.
  • Carlos Villanueva: 1.1, no hits or walks, 4 k. 4 batters faced, 4 strikeouts. 0.75 ERA.
  • Rommie Lewis: 1.0, 2 hits, 3 runs 1 earned. Hurt by a Adam Loewen error in RF. 2.35 ERA
  • Vince Perkins (who?): 1.0, 2 hits, walk, no runs. Save.

Hitters, not many of our regulars made the trip:

  • Corey Patterson: 2 for 4, 2 runs, double, steal, HBP. .220.
  • Mike McCoy: 2 for 2, run, RBI. .310. Nice spring for McCoy, who got to play a lot with Hill's injury.
  • Eric Thames: 1 for 4, triple, run, 2 RBI, walk, steal, k. .245.
  • Edwin Encarnacion: 1 for 5, 2 k. .250. Played 3B.
  • David Cooper: 1 for 5, run, 3 RBI, k. .317.
  • J.P. Arencibia: 3 for 4, double, home run (opposite field), 2 runs, 3 RBI. .200. Nice to see him hit the ball hard. He had an error for interfering with a batter.
  •  Adam Loewen: 2 for 4, double, homer, run, 2 RBI. .429. Nice to see him hit the ball hard too.
  • Jon Diaz: 2 for 5, 2 doubles, k. .239.
  • Anthony Gose: 1 for 5, run, steal, k. .258. 9 steals this spring in just 31 at bats. You guys all know he is fast. He triple in one of the games I was at, watching him turn on the jets was something. He is amazing.
SB Nation Featured Video