Quick Recap: Jays Beat Phillies

Blue Jays 7 Phillies 6

The Jays had a three run lead going into the bottom of the 8th but let the Phillies tie it up. But we got the winning run in the 9th.

Pitching:

  • Drew Hutchison: Drew got the start so that the Jays could get Kyle Drabek lined up right to start the second game of the season. Drew did a pretty good job, 4.2 innings, 2 hits, 2 unearned runs, 1 walk, 1 k. Great job considering he was facing the most of the Phillies starting lineup.
  • Sean Henn: got 1 out.
  • Chad Cordero: 1.0, 2 hits, 1 earned,
  • Casey Janssen: 1.0, 2 hits, 1 walk, 3 runs, 1 earned, 1 walk, 1 k. Casey pitched a good inning, then came out for a second. It started with an error by Callix Crabbe. Then a single that was almost caught in center. A walk and another single and he was out of the game.
  • Jon Rauch: Came in for Casey with 2 on and no out. He gave up a single and a bases loaded walk but got out of the inning only allowing one more run. His ERA is still 0 on the spring.
  • Winston Abreu:  1 scoreless inning getting the save.

Batting:

  • Rajai Davis: 1 for 4, HR. His fourth homer of the spring. .314.
  • Yunel Escobar: 3 for 4, run, double. .407.
  • Adam Lind: 1 for 4, run, RBI, double. .333.
  • Jose Bautista: 3 for 4, 3 doubles, 2 RBI. .396. He made his second spring error.
  • Aaron Hill: 1 for 4, k. .273.
  • Callix Crabbe: 1 for 1, run, RBI. He also made an error but then drove in the winning run.
  • Travis Snider: 1 for 4, RBI. .348
  • Juan Rivera: 0 for 3, RBI. .362
  • Eric Thames: 0 for 4, 3 k. .228. Remember how great he was swing the bat at the start of spring?
  • Jose Molina: 1 for 3, double, run, k. .304.

Six days until the season starts!!