FanPost

Head-to-Head Challenge

I have predicted that Toronto will win 87 games during the regular season this year.  I am offering to keep score for two levels of challenge:

1.  The total number of wins

2.  The breakdown by Opponent.

Here are my predictions:

Opp Games W L
NYY 18 10 8
BOS 18 9 9
BAL 18 10 8
TBR 18 10 8
DET 6 3 3
CWS 7 4 3
KCR 7 4 3
MIN 6 2 4
CLE 7 5 2
LAA 10 4 6
SEA 9 6 3
TEX 10 4 6
OAK 10 6 4
HOU 3 3 0
ATL 3 1 2
STL 3 1 2
PIT 3 3 0
PHI 3 1 2
CIN 3 1 2

Scoring will be based on sum of squared errors.  For example, suppose the Jays' record breakdown at the end of the season is:

Opp W-Pred W-Act SE
NYY 10 12 4
BOS 9 8 1
BAL 10 6 16
TBR 10 7 9
DET 3 3 0
CWS 4 4 0
KCR 4 4 0
MIN 2 2 0
CLE 5 4 1
LAA 4 5 1
SEA 6 4 4
TEX 4 5 1
OAK 6 5 1
HOU 3 3 0
ATL 1 3 4
STL 1 3 4
PIT 3 3 0
PHI 1 3 4
CIN 1 3 4
87 87 54

My overall score would be zero, since I was right on, but my team-by-team breakdown score would be 54.

Who's up for the challenge?

Entry deadline: Friday, April 1, 7:00 EST - just before gametime.

Prizes:  Bragging rights!