Jays Pick Up Jayson Nix From Indians

In a cash deal the Jays get Jayson Nix. Nix didn't have a good spring the the Indians, batting a big .176 in 12 games. To make room for him the Jays moved Jesse Carlson to the 60-day DL.

His career numbers are here. He has hit .215/.283/.380 in 3 seasons, totaling 218 games. He has played all the infield spots, other than first and the corner outfield spots in the majors.

He will be taking Patterson's spot on the opening roster, it looks like Corey will be starting the season on the DL. The bench now is Molina, McDonald, McCoy and Nix.

Latest News