Quick Recap: Jays beat Tigers

Tigers 4 Blue Jays 7

It is looking like the bats are coming around. We had 13 hits yesterday, and 10 today.

  • Kyle Drabek gave up a double and a run scoring single to start the game then settled down to give us 2 good innings.
  • Jo-Jo Reyes pitched a good 3 innings, 1 walk and 2 k. Much better than his first outing of the spring.
  • Octavo Dotel had a tough inning, 3 hits, 2 earned, 1 k. So that's two bad times out there for Dotel.
  • Shawn Camp gave up a lead off home run in his inning.
  • Casey Janssen pitched a perfect inning, getting his second win of the spring.
  • Luiz Perez pitched a scoreless inning.
  • The offensive hero was Brett Lawrie, 2 at bats, a double and a 3 run home. He also made some nice plays in the field. I didn't expect he would be as good in the field right away. He is hitting .308. I like how John Farrell has been pretty coy with the press when asked about Lawrie. I know he is a long shot but if the team would be better with him at third, he should be there.
  • Adam Lind was 2 for 3 with a RBI. he is hitting .286.
  • Juan Rivera: 1 for 3, .333.
  • Travis Snider: 1 for 2 in his first appearance of the spring.
  • Eric Thames: 1 for 2. ..385.
  • Edwin Encarnacion: 0 for 2, walk. .188.
  • JP Arencibia: 0 for 2. .067.
  • Jon Diaz: 1 for 4. .214.

Tomorrow's game against the Pirates is on Sportsnet tomorrow. Life is good.