Jays @ Pirates - "Nothing is really real unless it happens on television". Spring training game thread

YEEEHAW, Games that I can watch! Granted they are still useless games that don't count, but at least its progress. The game today will be broadcast over the entire Rogers network, all 4 Sportsnet channels as well as the Fan radio network.

Today we get to watch the Jays take on their forever rivals (not really, but lets play along) the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Pirates are 5-4 in grapefruit league action to this point  while Toronto slow starting bats have lead them to a 3-5 record early in the Spring.

Ricky Romero will lead off the pitching corps today as he makes his second start of the Spring, look for him to go about 3 innings depending on pitch count. James McDonald takes the mound for the Pirates. Check out their stats from last season.

2010 - Ricky Romero 14-9 32 32 3 1 0 0 210.0 189 98 87 15 82 174 3.73 1.29

2010 - James McDonald 4-5 11 11 0 0 0 0 64.0 59 25 25 3 24 61 3.52 1.30

James McDonald was a former top prospect for the Dodgers but could never quite find a spot on the team. The Dodgers bounced him between the rotation and the bullpen before shipping him off to the Pirates for Octavio Dotel at last years trade deadline. Queue a Brandon Morrow like turnaround where he posted very respectful numbers pitching for the RBI challenged pirates. He is now again be talked about as a top of the rotation arm, he is 26 this year.

While I know these games don't matter all too much it would be nice to see the Jays win.

Lineups are courtesy of the MLB Pirates beat reporter Jenifer Langosch as Gregor has decided to take his first few days off of the year to spend some time touring around Florida.

PIRATES: C. Wimberly (SS), P. Ciriaco (2B), A. McCutchen (CF), P. Alvarez (3B), M. Diaz (LF), S. Pearce (RF), J. Fields (1B), D. Brown (C), J. McDonald (RHP)

Pitchers: J. McDonald, J. Hanrahan, A. Thompson, D. McCutchen, C. Resop, J. Thomas, J. Locke

BLUE JAYS: C. Patterson (CF), Y. Escobar (SS), J. Bautista (3B), T. Snider (DH), E. Encarnacion (1B), E. Thames (LF), R. Davis (RF), J.P. Arencibia (C), M. McCoy (2B)

Pitchers: R. Romero

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go!

Today's title is a quote from Daniel J. Boorstin