Jo-Jo Reyes Pitches a Good One, But Angels Still Beat Jays.

Blue Jays 1 Angels

Good news? Jo-Jo Reyes had a good start. 7 innings, 6 hits, 1 walk, 6 k and just 1 earned run. He was hurt by a ball that Rajai Davis lost in the sun in the 4th inning. If that was caught, he would have had just the one run against. With that error the Angels had two guys on for Peter Bourjos to triple in. He sure is making it tough for the Jays to figure what to do when Morrow comes off the DL.

David Purcey started the 8th getting 2 outs while walking 2, not a good ratio. Scott Richmond got the last out.

Offensively, it took us 5 innings to get a hit and we only had 4 on the day. We did take 4 walks but Jered Weaver also struck out 15 Jays in his 7.2 innings. We did have chances with runners on, but when you only get 4 hits, you have to figure few of them drive in runs. Yunel Escobar had our only RBI. Jose Molina had our only extra base hit, a double. Jose Bautista was picked off first base in the 4th, one of the few base runners we had early in the game. Jose didn't have a great series. Having a new baby will do that for you.

Jays of the Day are Escobar (.183 WPA) and John McDonald (..126). Suckage numbers go to Bautista (-.241, he was up with runners on a fair bit), Hill (-.159) and Lind (-.138, same as Bautista, had his chances to tie things).

  • A couple of notes: Davis left the game with a re aggravated sore ankle. Travis Snider moved into center when he left and didn't look out of place there.
  • After the game Scott Richmond was sent back to Vegas and Corey Patterson was activated off the DL. I guess we'll see him in CF with Davis hurt.

We start a series against the Mariners in Seattle tomorrow, Jesse Litsch vs Felix Hernandez.