Minor league Recap: Hutchison dominates.

Be sure not to stop reading before you get to the Lansing Lugnuts section, because Hutchison was truly dominant. But we'll start with:

The Las Vegas 51s:

Darin Mastroianni and Eric Thames both struck out 3 times in 5 ABs. Thames managed a walk and Mastroianni a hit.

Brett Lawrie, our prophet and savior, went 2-for-3 with a walk and one strikeout. Clearly hitting well with a .417/.517/.750 line. Oh yeah, he stole a base too.

Mike McCoy, back (or still) in Vegas after Janssen and Mills were called up, went 1-for-3 with a double and a walk, but struck out twice.

David Cooper went 1-for-4, dropping his batting average to a measly .385.

Adam Loewen went 1-for-4 too, but he struck out twice and is hitting only .158.

Brian Jeroloman went 2-for-4 with a strikeout and is now hitting .286/.375/.286.

Chris Woodward is still hitting the ball well, he went 2-for-4 with a double.

Scott Richmond had one bad inning, leading him to give up 3 runs on 5 hits in 4 innings. He struck out 5 though, while walking 2.

The New Hampshire Fisher Cats:

Anthony Gose went 3-for-5 with 3 groundball singles. That's a bit better from the young lad, who's still only 20.

Adeiny Hechavarria went 0-for-5 with 1 strikeout.

Michael McDade was also 0-for-5, but with 2 strikeouts.

John Tolisano was 1-for-3 with a walk, a strikeout and a double, now hitting a very nice .267/.450/.333 with 5 walks and 4 strikeouts. Nice patience so far from the former second baseman who's now playing LF.

Jonathan Diaz was good as well, 1-for-2 with 2 walks and a strikeout. .333/.529/.417 is his line.

Zach Stewart wasn't good, but a bit better than last time out. He struck out 3 and walked 2 in 6.2 innings, gave up a lot of line drives which is reflected in the 9 hits he gave up. Only gave up 2 runs somehow.

Ronald Uviedo (who we got for Eveland from the Pirates) pitched 2.1 hitless innings in relief, striking out 4 and walking 1.

Alan Farina on the other hand took the loss by walking 3 and giving up 1 hit while striking out 1 in his 1.2 innings pitched.

The Dunedin Blue Jays

Brandon Morrow's second rehab start went a bit better. He struck out 4, walked 2 and gave up 2 hits in 3 innings, but was tagged with 2 runs.

Frank Francisco gave up an unearned run in his 3rd rehab inning on 1 hit.

A.J. Jimenez went 2-for-4 with a double. Is quietly having a decent start to the season, hitting .235/.316/.353. That may not look like much, but he's walked twice and struck out three times, and half of his 4 hits have gone for doubles.

Brad Glenn hit his second home run of this young season on a 2-for-4 night with a strikeout. Best hitter for Dunedin so far, hitting .333/.417/.667. Unfortunately, he's already 24 and still in high-A ball.

Kenny Wilson went 1-for-3 with a double. .267/.267/.467.

Ryan Goins went 1-for-4 with a double and a strikeout. Notable is that he has 3 hits (.136 avg): a triple and 2 doubles. Has not yet singled or walked.

The Lansing Lugnuts

Drew Hutchison was absolutely dominant. 7 innings, 3 hits, no runs, 1 walk, 11 strikeouts. That's right, 11! But there's more: of the balls hit in play against him 61.5% were groundballs. That's some doctastic stuff. And he's just 20 years old, could he make a push for a place in the top 100 of prospects this season?

Jacob Marisnick was 2-for-5, and K.C. Hobson was 1-for-4 with a walk, but they didn't manage any extra bases.

Marcus Knecht was, in fact, the only Lugnut to record an extra base hit. He hit 1-for-4 with 2 strikeouts and a double. The 20 year old has struck out 6 times in 12 at bats, but is still hitting .333/.429/.417.

Carlos Perez was 0-for-4, but did draw a walk.

Gustavo Pierre was 1-for-2 with 2 walks. Just 19, Pierre posted ugly K/BB numbers in his first 2 seasons, but in 3 games this season he has no strikeouts and those 2 walks. .333/.429/.333.

Michael Crouse was just 0-for-4.

Balbino Fuenmayor went 2-for-3 with a walk, but after 2 really awful seasons I'm not too excited about one good day.