FanPost

Joe Mauer switching positions?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/tom_verducci/04/15/harper.clemens/index.html?eref=writers

One of my good friends and I were talking about this during our last opera sitzprobe (What the heck is that? It's where all the singers in the show sit in front of the orchestra with the conductor and try to figure out tempos, changes, cuts, etc.) - What if the Twins moved Mauer to the infield. We were thinking 3B. IMHO, when healthy, Mauer is a great all-around player. Then we started talking about the grind that playing 3B can have on the body. Maybe due to his previous injuries, he may not be able to play up to standard.

What do you guys think? I thought the article above mentioned something very interesting regarding the amount of money spent on him compared to his production. Do you buy into the Joe Mauer hype? Could he play another position?